By jonasbn from Copenhagen.pm
Date: Friday, 16 June 2006 09:00
Duration: 40 minutes
logicShop is an open source e-commerce platform implemented using Perl and PostgreSQL. Its aim is managing the complexity of products, price strategies and customers and all of the aspects involved in, and required by, a modern e-commerce solution.
logicShop provides all the basic functionality required by an online shopping platform at the same time is addresses a few aspects and special cases using a flexible datamodel and the power of Perl.
The platform has been implemented using Class::DBI and several other CPAN modules. Frontends are being implemented in several different frameworks, Catalyst being one of them.
This paper will not go through all of the implementation of logicShop, but will focus on some of the special cases and their implementations.
* Flexible customer datamodel, model and object mapping
* Integration toward logicstic and day-to-day business via a rule-based backend
* Controlling presentation from the model
* Architecture, views and tables
* Prices, currencies and taxes
* Controlling business-logic from the model
* The intelligent cart logicShop is the flagship product in logicLAB and integrates with several other products in the logicLAB portfolio.
logicLab is a one-man company, based in Copenhagen/Denmark. The mission of logicLAB is to become an ISV with several open-source applications in the portfolio.
Jonas B. Nielsen (jonasbn) is a CPAN contributor and member of the Copenhagen Perl Mongers.